Installing fences can be a good method to increase the overall safety of your plot of land. Fences will help you to keep away wild animals while keeping your own pets in, separate your land from that of your neighbours and act as a general security wall around your house. If chosen right, fences will also improve the overall look of your home, which makes them an effective investment that you need to prioritise.
When you plan to install any kind of fences, you should take a good look at the available types of materials, to decide which one will suit your interests best:
- Aluminium – Aluminium is a popular choice for fencing material due to its pretty low installation and maintenance costs. You can easily decorate it to suit your styles, painting it in any kind of colour you want. But a low cost often comes with some disadvantages: aluminium fences are not very strong, and therefore are not the best choice if you are looking for safety or resistance to severe weather.
- PVC – If you want the cheapest available solution, PVC fences might be what you are looking for. Also used for pool fencing, PVC is on the cheaper side of maintenance with retaining walls and somewhat weather resistant as well. They can last for many years to come if taken care of properly.
- Wood – If you want something that is stronger than PVC yet doesn’t cost a whole lot more, consider giving wood fences a chance. They can easily last a lifetime and are popular due to the way they give your home a traditional look. The quality of the fence depends a lot on the type of wood that is being used, so choose carefully. Be also aware that costs can suddenly go out of control if you ever decide to install a very high and large wooden fence. If such an issue arises, consider purchasing a smaller fence.
- Concrete – If you want maximum security and privacy, the best choice would be to install glass pool fencing in Gold Coast. Concrete walls can also be mixed and matched with any other type of fences, such as metal or wooden fences, as needed. Concrete walls are long lasting and very durable, although they sometimes do not look as good as other alternatives. You will also have to consider that dismantling them is way more difficult if you ever change your mind.
- Vinyl – Vinyl fences are definitely one of the best type of fences you can buy nowadays. Some of these vinyl fences are as four or five times stronger as other similar wooden fences. They also require virtually no maintenance at all, which will definitely save you a lot of money in future. The only disadvantage is that they have somewhat higher upfront costs for their installation.